Contact Us
Basket (0)   View
Forgotten your password?
News & Blog Find a Caterer For Sale Contact Us
The Nationwide Caterers Association

Takeaway Catering

The UK's fastest growing fixed site catering sector

Takeaways have been providing tasty delights ever since people started living in cities. And with such low entry barriers, the industry just keeps on growing.

But getting to grips with tricky documentation and training can put a strain on any business owner. That's where we can help you.

Legal checklist for mobile caterers

Find out what you need to do to start up and operate your takeaway legally.
> Click here and learn how to get legal

Happy staff means higher profits. Find out how to keep yours smiling.
> Click here for more information

What do you need for your inspection?

Find out what you need to get through your EHO's inspection and maintain food hygiene.
> View the checklist

Improve the marketing for your catering business

Marketing matters. Improve yours to increase profits with these solutions.
> Click here for marketing tips

Takeaway premises are high risk environments

Get Insurance

High numbers of customers coming in and out, dangerous cooking equipment and high numbers of staff make them so.

You should protect your business with various insurance covers - so that nothing ever has to get in the way of serving customers your delicious food.

Call 0121 603 2524 for your quote & honest advice

Tweets to NCASS from happy customers

Surely Not?!

Online training courses for you and your staff. Council-audited documentation to help you trade safely and legally. One place online to store all of your documents and send them to EHOs. Phone support whenever you need it. A logo that immediately makes EHOs think you’re going to be compliant. You couldn’t get all this in one place, could you? Yep, you could. Click here to find out how.

Join from just

per month

Join Online >


Find out more >

Want to chat about membership? Call us on 0121 603 2524

Popular links

Primary Authority - find out more
Find a Supplier

Fixed site catering menu

Fixed site catering home Online Training for Caterers Shop and for sales area Fixed site catering insurance Find a supplier Member Testimonials Become a member

Latest News

Reminder to register your trailers before hitting European or international roads

by Sophie Haigh | Sep 02, 2019

The DVLA is reminding drivers that they must register trailers over 750kg if they intend to tow them on roads internationally or within most European countries. 

According to road traffic regulations, commercial trailers over 750kg and non-commercial trailers over 3,500kg must be registered and display their own registration plate (separate from the vehicle towing them), as well as hold a trailer registration certificate that can be shown to a foreign authority on request.

Some EU and EEA countries will also require a separate green card as proof of insurance for trailers if there’s a no-deal Brexit.

Which countries require a registration?

You must register your trailer to travel in these countries:

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and Ukraine.

You do not need to register trailers that are only used in the UK and for journeys between the UK and Ireland. You also do not need to register trailers used in Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Malta and Spain, however, you must register trailers to tow them through any country where the rules apply to reach those countries.

How much does it cost?

  • £26 to register a trailer for the first time
  • £21 to issue a new registration certificate for a new registered keeper
  • £10 for a replacement UK trailer registration certificate

How do I register my trailer?

Click here to register your trailer on the website. Before you start, you will need the name of the trailer manufacturer, the trailer’s vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number, the gross and unladen weight of the trailers, an email address and a debit or credit card. You will also need a Government Gateway ID and password if you haven’t got one already.

Join from just

per month

Join Online >


Find out more >

Want to chat about membership? Call us on 0121 603 2524

How to start and run a mobile catering business